Fall 16 Wardrobe Capsule

After much design block - is that a thing? because I'm pretty sure it has to be - I finally decided on my fall wardrobe capsule. Some aspects were obvious - I'd have skinny jeans, both calf-length black and short brown boots, leggings, and comfort. Other design choices were less obvious. (This is largely - I think - because I bought some pale plum wool coating on impulse and was desperately trying to fit that into the plan when I finally realized that it was holding back the creative juices.)

I drew a sketch of what I wanted, but as it's only in black and white and therefore relatively boring, I discovered that you can use Polyvore to create these beautiful magazine style layouts. I selected each piece to represent something similar to what I intend to sew or already own.

The Fabrics:
1. Silk/Cotton Voile2. Silk/Cotton Voile3. Wool blend knit4. Silk Jersey
5. Cotton/Elastane6. Linen Knit7. Wool blend knit










1 and 2. Flowy/Drapey Blouse 
Pattern: Self/Based on Grainline Archer?
Fabric: Fashion Fabrics Club

3. Peplum Top
Pattern: Self/Based on a-line dress
Fabric: Mood Fabrics

4. Knit Top
Pattern: Self/Perhaps Sewaholic's Renfrew
Fabric: Mood Fabrics

5. Drape Front/Waterfall Cardigan
Pattern: Self
Fabric: Etsy User ErikaAstrid

6. Button Front Cardigan
Pattern: Modification of Renfrew
Fabric: Mood Fabrics

7. Layered Pencil Skirt
Pattern: Self
Fabric: Mood Fabrics

Throw in some statement jewelry, scarves, outerwear and you're ready to go!

Comments