New Patterns

So I read a lot of sewing blogs and can I say how exciting it is that so many people knit and sew such wonderful things? I just learned that there's a thing called an Outfit-A-Long (OAL) which includes a sewn AND knitted garment.

Blogs I'm absolutely *loving* right now are

Peneloping
lladybird
Tilly and the Buttons
So Sew Easy
Fehr Trade (She creates patterns and sews lots of activewear!)

From said blogs, I have been identifying patterns that I want to use, and filling my sewing room with inspiration!

Purchased Patterns:
Lady Skater by Kitschycoo - my version *here*
Bruyere Shirt by Deer and Doe - my version *here*

Clothes from my own patterns:
Tank Top 1
Tank Top 2
Sweatshirt
Leggings

Purchased but not sewed:
Renfrew Top by Sewaholic (purchased on Craftsy)
Thurlow Trousers/Shorts by Sewaholic
Jaime Jeans by Named

The next pattern I want will be the
Archer Button Up Shirt by Grainline Studios

For a while I was thinking that using patterns was cheating somehow. But now I've come around and it's pretty nice when something you sew just works. Especially if I'm going to invest in better quality fabric (which I am because otherwise why would I spend so much time sewing something?) Reading other sewists' blogs, I realized that most of them have tried 'n' true patterns that they've tweaked over time. Most of the garments they make seem to be variations on the TNT theme. And I've realized that if I develop good sewing techniques and tried and true patterns, I can focus on color and style.

THAT said, I've been thinking about my summer wardrobe and creating a me-made capsule.



Sleeveless Peplum Top

Inspiration 1
Inspiration 2
Chino Shorts (see inspiration 2 above) + a longer pair to wear to work.

Lightweight Button Downs (a la Peneloping in either rayon challis or chambray - OR BOTH!)

Tank tops 

A lightweight Blazer in linen maybe? I've never made a blazer, heck I've never made half these things! But it sounds so fun :)

I'll post pictures of it all when I can!





Comments