I've decided to participate in Me Made May 2016 (more on that here and here), although I'm still trying to decide what my commitment level will be. As I up my sewing chops, I'm trying to make a move toward a more me made wardrobe and I think Me Made May is a great opportunity to explore how that could be and how others incorporate me makes into their day-to-day.
Since writing my last post, I pretty much immediately bought the Archer pattern. I happened to have some pink and white striped cotton lawn in my stash and excitedly cut and sewed that into my first real button down shirt. (I did make Bruyere before this, but it's a little different.)
Since writing my last post, I pretty much immediately bought the Archer pattern. I happened to have some pink and white striped cotton lawn in my stash and excitedly cut and sewed that into my first real button down shirt. (I did make Bruyere before this, but it's a little different.)
I loooooooove the buttons for this shirt. I'm sure you can't see in the photo, but they are real shell buttons. The smoothness and weight of them makes them such a pleasure to work with, not to mention how pretty they are. I purchased them from FashionSewingSupply.com. Another blogger had recommended them as a source for good interfacing and I liked both the interfacing and buttons so well that I just bought 3 more yards interfacing and another 3 dozen buttons.
So as you can see, I've made a start on #mmmay16 and I'm thinking that my goal will be to complete my summer capsule by the end of May. What about you? How are you feeling about the knit or sewn parts of your wardrobe? Do you find you actually wear them? What are you favorite and most worn pieces?
PS: I'm posting more pictures on my instagram (new!) krkvt


Comments
Post a Comment