Just because I haven't been posting....

... doesn't mean I haven't been knitting!

I got really busy with school and realized I was posting too much with the result that I stopped posting at all for a while. 

I also got very depressed which led to stepping away from school back in November. The depression hung around till about Christmas, but now we're starting a new year and I'm excited to show you all the things I've been working on. 

1) I finished the Watson sweater! Like months ago. Here's the pic, sorry I couldn't get my subject to stop moving :) I re-knit the sleeves 3 times to get them to fit the body right, but it finally came together and looks great. (He loves it too.)



2) The coziest circle scarf ever! I started it back here, and it went together really quickly. He steals it from me so much that I kind of want to knit another in a girlier color.

3) I finished the tweed socks (based on the Climb pattern). The ribbed cuffs took agonizingly long, but thankfully I knit them both at the same time thereby avoiding second sock syndrome.

4) I ripped out and re-knit the Skyline sweater, then did it again. I realized the skyline pattern, while completely gorgeous, wouldn't look very well on my body shape, so I tried a basic (aka no pattern) raglan, but wasn't happy with that either, so I bought a pattern on ravelry and am almost done re-knitting that.


5) I started Nordic Mittens, and currently have completed ONE mitten... serious second mitten syndrome going on here. I did not realize that the color work would take forever. I love the corrugated ribbing on the cuff.... quite possibly my favorite part of these gorgeous mittens.

6) I started (yesterday) a solid color mitten in the same shape as the Nordic. It's supposed to look like the pair worn by Anna in Frozen. We'll see. I'm trying to finish these before a certain someone's birthday. :)

Comments