I technically finished the Frozen Mittens last week and got them mailed off in time for a certain someone's birthday. :) But I didn't want to post pictures until she got them.
Not perfect (when is life ever perfect anyway?!) but I'm happy with the results. Splitting the embroidery yarn into half plies and using a sharp needle would have made for a more accurate replication. If you decide to make Anna's Mittens, that's what I would recommend.
If you recall, I started this mitten, knit through it once and was not happy at all with the oversized finished product. I pulled the yarn out and re-knit with a corrugated ribbing on the cuffs and a much sleeker fit over the hand and thumb.
Here's a link to this project on my Ravelry page.
Not perfect (when is life ever perfect anyway?!) but I'm happy with the results. Splitting the embroidery yarn into half plies and using a sharp needle would have made for a more accurate replication. If you decide to make Anna's Mittens, that's what I would recommend.
If you recall, I started this mitten, knit through it once and was not happy at all with the oversized finished product. I pulled the yarn out and re-knit with a corrugated ribbing on the cuffs and a much sleeker fit over the hand and thumb.
Here's a link to this project on my Ravelry page.
Comments
Post a Comment