I've been wanting to knit this sweater for some time now:
It's the sweater featured in S1:E1 of Sherlock
I recently (2 months ago) started dating a guy with a sailboat and I thought, "Sweater curse be damned, he just needs this." So I decided to attempt to knit the sweater for his birthday: August 5. I'm calling it the "No-Strings-Attached" Sweater.
There is no pattern available, only a collection of ideas available on Ravelry. And while I think the ideas presented in the free pdf are pretty good, they're not all that accurate for the sweater. So, I rewatched and rewatched again all the scenes where Martin Freeman is wearing the sweater and reverse engineered it as best I could.
I am knitting it in Knitpicks Swish DK Bare, although in retrospect, I probably should have knit it in worsted. For anyone who is interested, the needles I'm using are Knitpicks Caspian Size 6 Interchangeable Circulars (40" cord), and can I just say that I'm in LOVE with Knitpicks needles?!
The other sweater I'm currently knitting for myself is the Skyline Tunic published in Metropolitan Knits by Melissa Wehrle.

Though the pattern calls for worsted yarn, I already had bought a sweater amount of yarn in DK weight (Knitpicks Swish DK Marine Heather). Recalculating all of the stitch counts based on my altered gauge has been frustrating to say the least.
I had been planning on knitting myself a different sweater, a generic saddle shoulder based on measurements, but I found this book at the library and instantly fell in love with this pattern. So as frustrating as it may be, I'm going to do the math and make it in the DK yarn I already have.
It's the sweater featured in S1:E1 of Sherlock
I recently (2 months ago) started dating a guy with a sailboat and I thought, "Sweater curse be damned, he just needs this." So I decided to attempt to knit the sweater for his birthday: August 5. I'm calling it the "No-Strings-Attached" Sweater.
There is no pattern available, only a collection of ideas available on Ravelry. And while I think the ideas presented in the free pdf are pretty good, they're not all that accurate for the sweater. So, I rewatched and rewatched again all the scenes where Martin Freeman is wearing the sweater and reverse engineered it as best I could.
I am knitting it in Knitpicks Swish DK Bare, although in retrospect, I probably should have knit it in worsted. For anyone who is interested, the needles I'm using are Knitpicks Caspian Size 6 Interchangeable Circulars (40" cord), and can I just say that I'm in LOVE with Knitpicks needles?!
The other sweater I'm currently knitting for myself is the Skyline Tunic published in Metropolitan Knits by Melissa Wehrle.
Though the pattern calls for worsted yarn, I already had bought a sweater amount of yarn in DK weight (Knitpicks Swish DK Marine Heather). Recalculating all of the stitch counts based on my altered gauge has been frustrating to say the least.
I had been planning on knitting myself a different sweater, a generic saddle shoulder based on measurements, but I found this book at the library and instantly fell in love with this pattern. So as frustrating as it may be, I'm going to do the math and make it in the DK yarn I already have.

Comments
Post a Comment